Ratae Run 2023 was from White Horse Pub Broughton Astley to Rockingham Castle in Market Harborough, taking place on Sunday 11th June. Additionally click on the image below to go to the Rockingham Castle website for more details.
About Our Charity
Sue Young Cancer Support is a local independent charity, and their mission is to provide free practical and emotional support to anyone affected by cancer, including families, carers and friends. They are committed to providing support in a warm and caring environment, at their premises in Fosse Road South, and anyone who lives in Leicester, Leicestershire and Rutland and has a connection to cancer, is able to access the services.
Altogether they have 4 core services which are Counselling; Complementary Therapy; Activities; Support Groups. They occasionally hold rehabilitation courses and workshops too.
As a result we are delighted to support this charity and for further information about them visit www.sueyoungcancersupport.org.uk or telephone 0116 223 0055.
Ratae Run Itinerary – 11th June 2023
- 8.00-10.00am – Start arriving – Marshals will show you where to park.
- Start Venue & Registration: White Horse Pub, 32 Station Road, Broughton Astley, Leics, LE9 6PT
- Refreshments: Vouchers provided at registration for The White Horse breakfast and Gates Garden Centre mid route coffee (note it’s in the main restaurant).
- Route Guide and Plaque: Provided at registration.
- Fund Raising: Raffle at White Horse with collection of prizes at Rockingham Castle.
- Coffee Stop Location: Gates Garden Centre, Somerby Road, Cold Overton, Oakham, Leics LE15 7QB
- Final Destination: Rockingham Castle Estate, Rockingham, Market Harborough, LE16 8TH
- All things considered a wonderful day out!
Many thanks to this years Sponsors:
(Click on an image to go to the website)
Terms & Conditions of Entry
Our full Terms and Conditions of entry can be found HERE
Your Safety and Wellbeing
Additionally may we take this opportunity to welcome and advise you of some legal requirements, when participating on the Ratae Run.
First thing to remember, the Ratae Run is not a race. You will be expected to drive within the law and with due care and attention and consideration for all other road users.
Also please observe the directions given by the marshals, (wearing hi-viz). Especially with regard to parking at the start, the coffee stop and the finish as they are not only acting on behalf of the club but also on instructions from the venues concerned.
Also certain sections of the route may cross open farmland. Please follow the countryside code; please do not drive off the road unless you absolutely have to.
It is also your responsibility to ensure that your vehicle is legally road worthy and that you have adequate insurance.